MARIA in Barcelona 2018


I met Maria for the first time as my student when I was lecturing at Estudio Nomada in Barcelona back in 1017. We became friends basically almost immediately Maria has come a long way since then. As a painter, as a performer and currently the founder of the gallery CU46 Gallery project that unites sexual or/and gender-related artists worldwide to break the ice of social stereotypes, humiliation, deviation, and taboos associated with sexuality and gender issues.

Since May 2020, I was very happy to become a resident of this starting  CU46 project. For me as a queer artist is this  platform very important and I see a wonderful oportunity for me and other artists how to legitimely present the artwork to the world, despite the social media censorship,  where the society became sort of twisted and conservative in the matter of nudity way more  than in the whole last century.
You can find more about the project on https://cu46now.com/







© Martin Kámen Photography www.martinkamen.cz


Comments

Popular Posts