Razors on a clotsline


        I met Matthew for the first time in 2008, he was about eighteen years old and he absolutely enchanted me. His poetic bohemian soul, the humor of the mountaineer, his heart burning with passion for life, his talent of a painter from another century, and a graceful beauty that he did not yet even realize at the time. We spent a lot of days and sleepless melancholic nights drinking  and dreaming together, there was something between us, profound attraction like between Lorca and Dalí. I suffered a little as I longed for him, but my friendship was a thousand times more important than losing his presence just because of Platonic love. I admire beauty. And sometimes my passion and sexuality get mixed up with the adoration of beauty through my art. But it is exactly this transformation that catch through the lens of the camera what I feel at the moment and you can see that chemistry on the photograph. A few months later, Matthew got the opportunity to have an atelier in the attic of the magical almost Kafkaesque building of the old printing factory, where he began to devote himself fully to painting, wine, poems and girls. This series of photos is from one of those meetings. During the years I got from Matthew two absolutely breathtaking paintings that I will keep for rest of my life. In the atelier  there was an access to the roof of the building with the best view of Prague, I have those photos as well but not until next time.











































Comments

Popular Posts